Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Flash Floods

Haven't got too far since my last post. Mother Nature has not been kind. Down here in Dalhart, Texas and it seems there is a flash flood warning for the next few days. And its cold. Needless to say, I'll be staying in Texas for a few days here. Body needs a break and need to find some puncture-resistant tires as I've had 3 flats in the last 2 days from these little thorns all over the place. Coming out of Kansas one night, could not find a camping spot so had to ride into the night. And, of course, got a flat along the way. So was pumping and biking, pumping and biking to get into the next town where I finally found a spot to lay my head. Still nothing to be seen going through Oklahoma. Some guy did stop his truck in the middle of the road and gave me a beer. His glossy eyes told me he was probably responsible for the millions of beer cans lying in the ditches. And this was on a sunday morning. Must have been on his way to church. Speaking of churches, convenient stores are not allowed to sell liquor when they are within a certain distance of one in Texas. But its perfectly OK another 4 blocks away. I guess Satan lives in a beer can. So, anyway, nothing but trucks and cowboy hats. Probably won't make it to San Diego by Oct 20th, so may just get to Phoenix and bus it over as not to eat into mine and Chad's time below the border. We'll see how the weather is later, but right now it's kicking my ass....
see ya - J

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was the trucker's name J Kelly?

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home